How to Reduce your Energy Bill with Smart Home Solutions
There are several ways you can reduce your energy bills with smart home solutions. Many smart home solutions can be remotely managed using a smartphone, voice assistant, or smart home hub. You can program these smart solutions to automatically turn on or off at certain times, alert you when an issue occurs, and even control energy usage based on how many people are in your house. Here are some tips on how to reduce your energy bill with smart home solutions.
1. Get a Smart Thermostat: A great way to reduce your energy bill is to get a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats can save you up to 30% on your energy bill, so it is definitely worth the investment. In addition, you can set your smart thermostat to adjust automatically when you leave or enter the house. This will help reduce energy consumption and save you money. There are many different brands and models of smart thermostats, so do some research and find the one that best suits your needs.
2. Invest in Smart Lighting: Investing in some smart lighting is another terrific way to reduce your energy bill. Smart lighting can save you up to 80% on your lighting costs, so it is definitely worth the investment. Smart lighting comes in many forms, such as LED bulbs, motion sensors, and solar-powered lights.
3. Use Smart Plugs: Smart plugs can also reduce your energy bill. Smart plugs are devices you plug into an outlet and then plug your appliances or electronics into the smart plug. Smart plugs can save up to 50% on your energy bill, which is a great way to reduce your energy bill. Smart plugs come in many different brands and models, so that you will have many options.
4. Buy Smart Appliances: Smart appliances are the future of energy-saving technology. Smart appliances can save up to 50% on your energy bill and are becoming more popular with homeowners. Some smart appliances include refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers.
5. Install Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans can help save money on your energy bill. Ceiling fans use very little electricity and can help keep your home cool in the summertime. In the winter, you can reverse the direction of your ceiling fan so that it pushes warm air down from the ceiling, which will help heat your home.
Get an Energy Audit
You can always start by requesting an energy audit, informing you where you use the most energy in your home. Many utility companies offer free or discounted energy audits where a professional will come to your home and assess your energy usage. They will then provide you with a report outlining ways to reduce energy usage.
By following these tips, you will be well on your way to reducing your energy bill with smart home solutions. At New Legacy Homes, we have been helping homeowners build their dream homes in South Tampa and save money on energy with smart home solutions.
Our vast experience, cutting-edge technology, and hands-on client approach help us build the best home for you. Let’s start a conversation today.